Here are some recent highlights:
- I am regularly walking 3 miles (in my NB shoes) and jog several short sessions during those walks. This past Friday, my jogs totaled 1 of those three miles.
- I am preparing meals and doing regular clean up around the house. Certainly not sweeping, mopping, or lugging around baskets of laundry but my delegation skills are as sharp as ever!
- I can take care of my children, run errands with them and take them around camp, just like before surgery.
- I can get dressed in normal clothes. When I put a t-shirt on over my head last week, I made sure everyone in the house knew!
- Thanks to a dear friend, we spent all day Saturday at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta (a 1-2 hour drive). I navigated the crowds with the best of 'em.
- My happiest milestone... I am sleeping in my bed and on my side. Ahhhh.... never underestimate the power of sleep.
Speaking of sleep, last night our littlest blessing came into our room around 1 AM complaining of an upset tummy:( She ended up vomiting from 2-4:30 AM. This may sound crazy but I was so happy and thankful to be physically capable of caring for her, which involves hopping in and out of bed at a moment's notice. She had a touch of a stomach bug about three months ago, at the same time that I was in the hospital for a heart cath. I ended up staying overnight in the hospital due to a minor complication and then staying a couple of nights at some friends' house so make sure that I didn't get the bug. Being away from her when she needed me was difficult. I'm just so happy to be able to be her mommy- in the happy times and the yucky times!
The only restriction that the doctor says remains on me at this point is no lifting over 10 pounds until 10 weeks post-op. That's only three weeks away and you can bet that the first "thing" I pick up with be my sweet little four year old. We have a lot of holding to make up for!
P.S. Please pray that I don't get whatever Little Bit has. I don't think that would feel too good in my chest:) Thanks!
Two of the girls waiting for the 3-D show to begin.
Two of my favorite guys. This was taken outside the Aquarium after our full day. (And there's my
narly scar Badge of Courage:)